Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Longest Day

I now have a new appreciate for the 1962 film "The Longest Day" because that is how I felt today. We left the US at 5:30 (American time) in Monday and arrived here Tuesday night at about 7:00(Deutch time). We flew right past nighttime, so basically, today has literally been the longest day of my life! Leipzig is beautiful! It has a very hometown feel, even though it's quite large. After arriving, we had a not-so-native treat for abendessen (dinner), PIZZA, and afterward Sylvia and I went out for a little exploring around our neighborhood. Nothing says, "Welcome to a New city" like getting a little turned around on our first night! So for the first night in Germany, I must say Auf Wiedersehen (Mostly because that's the only thing I can say in German!)and goodnight!

Jenny

3 comments:

  1. I'm laughing because I know you stole that title from the best movie of all time. Really? Not sure D-Day remotely compares. Captain Colin Maud would "give you a could bashing."

    Wow, did I ever just declare myself a nerd on the World Wide Web.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad someone appreciates my obscure references...I don't quite think everyone is catching onto my attempt at humor, but you're probably right, it doesn't compare, but the important issue is that you are the world's biggest nerd!

    ReplyDelete